This dish is bursting with colours and flavours, and that can only really mean two things: tasty, but also nutritionally complete. Although inspired by Asian cooking, I kinda just made it up as I went along.
There are 4 main components to this meal; the teriyaki salmon, the mango & avocado salsa, the Asian stir-fry vegetables and lastly, the coconut rice. All four of these are so easy to make, it just requires a bit of forward planning to make sure everything is cooked in time.
Have a go at this recipe and please let me know if you love it as much as I did!
Ingredients & Method:
Coconut Rice (15 mins cooking time)
(Ratio of 1:1.5 so if you used 1 cup of rice, then you would add 1.5 cups of coconut milk)
1) Rinse the rice in water, then combine with the coconut milk in a heated pan.
2) Bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 minutes (Don't life the cover until it's done!).
Teriyaki Salmon (12 mins cooking time)
Raw Salmon steaks
Spring onions, sliced
1) Heat your fan assisted oven to 200c.
2) Place the salmon and spring onions on a large piece of foil in a baking tray (so that you can make a foil parcel when finished prep).
3) Cover them in soy and teriyaki sauce (be generous).
4) Wrap the salmon and the spring onions into a foil parcel and bake for about 12 minutes.
Stir-fry Vegetables (5 mins cooking time)
Asian stir-fry vegetables pack
Any other you want to add!
(I added extra courgette to use up stuff from the fridge)
1) Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the vegetables.
2) Stir-fry for a few minutes (the less you cook them, the more nutritious)
Mango & Avocado Salsa
Red onion, cubed
1) Combine the ingredients and dressing together.
Plate it all up and enjoy!